Digital Nails I'm a Survivor

Life has been less than kind lately, with bad news coming left and right.  I pulled out an old fave that I last wore before my pic-taking and blogging days for a little comforting peace.

Digital Nails I'm a Survivor
outdoors, overcast daylight
Sweet baby octopus do I miss Digital Nails!  I don't believe she's released anything new in the past couple of years, and her social media is silent, which is a real shame considering the level of nerd creativity + gorgeous polish she made.  Digital released I'm a Survivor back in 2013 as a charity fundraiser for Alex's Lemonade Stand, and I loved it then and I love it now.

Digital Nails I'm a Survivor
window-filtered bright sunlight
Survivor is a lush eggplant purple jelly utterly packed with golden flakies.  I'm showing 3 coats here, with each coat building up the saturation of the eggplant purple jelly base and the density & opacity of the flakies.  Unusually and uniquely in my stash, these flakies appear translucent at the first coat, very thin and flexible, but build to a solid metallic gold on the 2nd and 3rd coats.  Removal with my usual soak & pull method instantly took off all the purple jelly without any staining of my nail or cuticle skin, but left behind plenty of those flakies, which needed to be scrubbed off.  All in all, this is way less work than glitter, but more effort than most flakies.

Digital Nails I'm a Survivor
window-filtered daylight
Rating:  5 out of 5 stars, this is lovely and unique.  It also wore fantastically for a jelly, with only minimal edgewear after several days.  What's not to love?

Where to buy:  these were sold as hand-numbered bottles, limited to less than a hundred or so.  Keep your eyes peeled for this to pop up in blog sales or destashes.  And here's hoping that Digital re opens sometime soon!

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball