Whatcha The Green

Brightly saturated colors are right up my alley right now, and green is of course a huge fave, so for whatever reason (ok, those I just mentioned), a recent PPU exclusive jumped to the top of the line.

indoor, CF lighting

How many green flakie polishes do I have (at least 20), and yet how do I resist them (I don't)?  And this beauty is a great example of why I can't say no.

outdoor, overcast daylight

Watcha is a new-to-me brand based out of Brazil (whoops, I thought these guys were British!!) that's been making PPU offerings for only a little while now, and I'm not actually sure if they have a US stockist for the rest of their stuff.  The Green was released with this past December's PPU as part of a collab with several other makers picking a color-character from the game Among Us.

indoor, bright CF lighting

The Green is a deep emerald jelly that leans slightly teal, liberally dosed with ultrachrome flakies that most often looked gold or peridot-green to me.

outdoor, direct bright daylight

I'm showing 2 coats here, which was visually opaque and brought this to the same depth of color saturation as what I saw in the bottle.  For whatever reason, my camera is "seeing through" the jelly base and making this appear less even and opaque than it was IRL - I promise this is prettier in person than these pics show.

outdoor, cloudy/overcast daylight

The formula was nice and smooth and applied without any problems, and the flakies laid flat with zero texture after a single regular layer of topcoat.  

indoor, CF lighting

Rating:  4 out of 5 stars.  This color is so *me* and there's a reason I keep grabbing up things like this.  The brush is, fortunately or unfortunately depending on your preference, one of the wide flat paddle-style ones that happened to be unusually soft.  This meant there was no way I could turn it on its side to paint my skinny pinky finger, so brush-trimming surgery to bring it to a more normal size was absolutely required.  This chipped on a few fingers after just a couple of days, so wear time isn't the best... but that color!

Where to buy:  as with all PPU offerings, this was one & done.  Check in the PPU trade group or keep an eye out on destashes. 

~Michelle 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball