Dance Legend Sun Still Sleeps

Though the first swatches of the blue one looked to be just blue, after being totally in love with the other DL candy flake polishes I tried, I snagged this one, too (the hot pink and the neon orange are just not my thing, so no complete collection here).  Sun Still Sleeps is most assuredly not just blue-on-blue.

indoor CF lighting
S3 is a vibrant, summery, swimming-pool blue that's packed with rainbow flakies.  Wonderfully, all the color you see in the bottle translates well to the nail, and with a flick of the fingers, the flakies would shift everywhere from deep red to metallic gold-green.

indirect late-afternoon sunlight
Like the others in the candy flakes collection, it's a jelly base that needs a few coats to get close to opacity.  You could layer over a matching opaque crème if VNL bugs you, but in this case, I think the jelly sheerness adds to the tropical water effect.  I'm wearing 3 coats in all the pics here, and I found it to only be less than opaque with light shining through it.


Again consistent with the others in this collection, the flakes are visually big but tactilely small: they don't stick up even a little, and the finish is glassy-smooth.

love that metallic green flash!

Wear time was pretty decent, especially for a jelly.  Only minor edgewear and no chipping after 3 days.


Rating 5 out of 5 stars:  I said i wavered between 4 and 5 for my other fave from this collection, Final Fantasy, and ditto here, so I'll round this one up where rounded that one down.  Hey, it's my math, and it all averages out anyway.  The long and short of it is that if you love blue nails and flakies, this one is a huge winner.

Where to buy:   the front page of Dance Legend's website has the list of their international stockists.

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball