Glitter Daze Asylum + Spring Ladybirds

After last week's flurry of inspiration with that Creative Shop plate, I kinda ran out of steam.  Fortunately, a few nail polish fb groups do monthly or weekly challenges, including an April prompt for ladybug-themed designs.

Glitter Daze Asylum
indoor, bright CF lighting
I've started with 3 coats of Glitter Daze Asylum, which was released back in 2017 for Hella Handmade (or was it still Hella Holo back then??).  Asylum is a beautiful forest green linear holo that's also duochromatic. 

Glitter Daze Asylum
outdoor, bright sunlight
In bright light, of course, the sparkling rainbow arc takes center stage, with the slightly sheer jelly-type formula allowing all the light-bending elements to shine through easily.

Glitter Daze Asylum
outdoor, bright sunlight
The contrast shimmer in Asylum never completely takes it over - this is not duochrome where the shifting colors are the whole reason to be - but is more a supporting part.  It's always definitively green, but the center of the holo flame is filled in with a metallic flash of plum (above).

Glitter Daze Asylum
indoor, bright CF lighting
With angled lighting, the shimmer shifts to bronze, the peridot, and on over to electric green (below).

Glitter Daze Asylum
outdoor, bright sunlight
Glitter Daze Asylum
outdoor, bright sunlight
Surprisingly for my love of all things springtime, I have only 2 plates with a ladybug image, and since Creative Shop was treating me so well, I went with CS 17.  I've picked up the image in black, then filled in with green and red crème stamping polishes while still on the stamper.  

Glitter Daze Asylum
indoor, bright CF lighting
The spiraling vine of this design fit fully on my thumb, but was far too large to fit on any other of my fingers.  I attempted to split the stamped image once the filling in was completely dry by using the rounded shovel end of a metal cuticle scraper to scratch a break through the design.  This worked beautifully, letting me split that spiral across 2 fingers on each of my hands.

Glitter Daze Asylum
outdoor, bright sunlight
Rating;  a pretty fantastic 4 out of 5 stars, Asylum is right in my wheelhouse.  Green, contrast shimmer, duochrome, gorgeous on my skintone.  It wears just a bit more quickly than ideal, but then again it is a jelly-base polish, and I usually get very poor wear time out of those.

Where to buy:  Asylum was a single offering for HHC - check blog sales & destashes for this one.

~Michelle

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball