Halloween 2020: Femme Fatale Pumpkin Patch

 Femme Fatale's September color of the month was named Pumpkin Patch, and if that's not demanding to be used in a Halloween mani, I don't know what is. 

indoor, CF lighting

I've recently seen a couple of utterly adorable layered plates for Halloween that included jack-o-lantern images, and the one I ended up with is Born Pretty Halloween L004.  


The central row of images on this "spoopy cute" plate are various jack-o-lantern faces that could be used easily by themselves in black over an orange mani.  The image on the far left of this row is a perfectly sized pumpkin - my nails are by no means huge, but this fits great - and the far right is an outline for the same pumpkin.  The base image is large and unidirectional enough that I had no major struggles lining things up to place them, even more so considering that the orange polish I used isn't opaque enough solo, so needed 2 layers stamped.

indoor, CF lighting

My other hand had 2 totally different jacks, and this plate has enough for nearly no repeats.  Now all I gotta do is figure out something cute to do with the numbers made of skulls & bones...

indoor, bright CF lighting

Femme Fatale Pumpkin Patch is one of those polishes that just thoroughly encompasses an inspiration photo's mood, in this case of course, a spookily lit patch of pumpkins.  It's a very greyed-out, murky green that's thoroughly unique in my stash, studded with fiery metallic orange glitters in 2 sizes.  I was good to go in 3 coats, and didn't need to fish or position any glitters. Top coat is of course needed for a polish like this to smooth the surface, but one coat was absolutely adequate (note that my pumpkins didn't have glitter bumps visible).  

indoor, bright CF lighting

Rating:  4 out of 5 stars for Pumpkin Patch, surely a Halloween staple for me now and always.  Big thumbs up for Born Pretty L series stamping plates, too, they're consistently nicer than their price would imply. 

Where to buy:  direct from Femme Fatale, or at one of her stockists, but this was a one-and-done batch so shop soon.

~Michelle

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball