Halloween 2020: Howl at the Moon

My first Halloween look this year ended up being my fave, because I loooooove glow in the dark polish, so for my last look I felt like coming back to that.

indoor, CF lighting

I've started here with a base of Dance Legend Price of Beauty, a pretty color that sits on the cusp of blue and silver, packed with iridescent microflakie shimmer and a really nice blue glow in the dark effect.  Unfortunately, it'd thickened up a lot in the years since I've used it last, and with a good squirt of thinner was back to good as new... but I must have overdone it because 100% of the flakes & GITD powder settled to the bottom of the bottle 2 days later, whoops!

I've rolled the dice plenty of times on cheapo chinese-made stamping plates off ebay, and sometimes you get what you pay for but sometimes things work out great.  KADS plates are absolutely stellar about 80% of the time, so for about $2 it's well worth that roll.  Nature 032 was a big win for me, and I've used the plain round moon, the howling wolf in the top left corner, the pine tree & graveyard in the bottom left corner, and a couple of the dead branches on this mani.  Other images came from any plate that had spooky landscape silhouettes.  I had zero issues picking up any image, whether fine detailed or with large blank spaces in the center - the etching is just right on this plate. 


For the moon, I stamped a layer of plain white crème, then a layer of Clear Jelly Stamper glow in the dark, then topped with the howling wolf image.  The rest of my fingers glowed, too, but the intensity of the CJS stamping polish was so amazingly strong that my camera wasn't able to process both in the dark.  


Well, that's my all-Halloween-all-month.  Hope you had a good holiday, whatever you made of it!

~Michelle

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball