Emily de Molly Desert Rose

 Every so often after a run of vampy or bright or flashy colors, I feel the need for a more neutral palate-cleanser type shade.  And while my workplace isn't one that expects a conservative dress code, there's still a little portion of my collection set aside for more traditionally feminine soft shades. 

indoor, bright CF lighting

Emily de Molly released Desert Rose (and yes, I have the Sting song on loop in my brain as I wore this and as I'm writing this) back when the FB group Hella Holo was a showcase for just one or two makers per month.  

bright afternoon daylight

This is a rich but soft pink that to me feels exactly like the heart of a pearlescent seashell.  The holo here is a very fine-particle sparkle of subtle rainbows around the edge of the nails.

bright afternoon daylight

While this is a linear holographic effect, the holo dust in here is always a supporting actor alongside the gorgeous contrast shimmer.

indoor, bright CF lighting

The shimmer in here feels very much to me of the sort that made Pretty Serious Mummy Mush so wonderful.  It has a decided greenish, cool tint in the bottle, but is most often a lovely molten gold.  At extreme angles, it even leans over to pink, turning the overall look a little closer to salmon or bubblegum pink.

outdoor, bright afternoon daylight

Like most every EdM polish I've worn, the formula and brush were both easy to work with, and I'm showing complete opacity in 2 coats here.

indoor, bright CF lighting

outdoor, bright afternoon daylight

Rating:  4 out of 5 stars, truly a lovely soft shade that would pass muster in even a very conservative office... yet is nowhere near boring.  This one would be ideal for a summertime wedding, or a business trip that involved a bit of pool time. Wear time was decent, though I did have a bit of chipping after nearly a week (which is longer than I usually wear a single polish anyway). 

Where to buy:  as with all this stuff I'm pulling out of the vault, hunt through destashes or blog sales to find this seashell of a few years ago.

~Michelle 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball