Cirque Raven

 Time to bounce back to a dark shade... but apparently I'm stuck on green right now.

indoor, bright CF lighting

Cirque Colors released Raven back in 2016 as part of a collection celebrating the Manus x Machina exhibit at the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art.  I have two of these polishes, and love them both!

window-filtered shady daylight

Raven is a somewhat sheer black jelly that is filled with a subtly duochromatic shimmer that gives a ghostly green shine in most all lighting.  I'm showing 2 coats here, which was enough for visual opacity.

indoor, angled CF lighting

At very steep angles, this shimmer flips over to a murky eggplant purple, but this wasn't immediately evident without acrobatic poses to specifically elicit the flip - in other words, not the sort of duochrome where different colors peek over the curve of the nail.

window-filtered shady daylight

In very bright light, this does indeed appear to be green more than black, as shown in most of my pics.  The low-light pics (above) are more accurate, though, where this appears to be black with a green overlay.  Fun fact, back in the 90s I had a special event dress that I described as "black that shone green" taffeta and this polish looks so much like it!

indoor, bright CF lighting

Unfortunately, like a lot of very dark polishes, Raven showed edgewear rather quickly.  But I loved the color so much that I left it on most of the week anyway. 

bright afternoon sunlight

indoor, bright CF lighting

Rating:  4 out of 5 stars, this is a stunning vampy color that's very me.  If the edgewear weren't so obvious after just 24h or so, this would be a pretty perfect polish.  

Where to buy:  haunt blog sales & destashes to find a bottle of this beauty - that's where I had to find mine!

~Michelle 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball