Oscars Nails 2022

 For several years running, I've gone all-out for the Oscars, and this remains my fave event of the year.  This year, though, the show was sandwiched in between a lovely long vacation and a bunch of work shenanigans, and I just wasn't feeling up to putting in the hours of effort that look needs.  

window-filtered daylight

Voila!  A fun and colorful look that let me get my art on but went together more cohesively than the usual Oscars look. I wanted to celebrate the diversity in this year's slate, since the acting choices and the international films were my absolute faves this year.  I've started with a flat white crème base, then layered a few random swipes of 2 jelly colors on each nail to create a watercolor rainbow effect.  I've topped it all with a filmstrip image from my trusty XXL-4 plate.


In 2015, both Essie and OPI released a collection of sheer jellies for layering, and an assortment of these easily make up a rainbow with the addition of an orange from Esmaltes da Kelly's Soap Bubbles line of jellies.  I have a few additional colors beyond what's here, and they're great for leadlighting stamped looks as well.

Hope your Oscars pool went in your favor!

~Michelle 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball