Lollipop Posse Lacquer The Final Sacrifice

Swinging over to a rich, dark, dramatic color after my neutral palate cleanser...

indoor, bright CF lighting

Every month so many makers release utterly gorgeous creations on Polish Pickup that it's real easy to go broke buying all the amazing one-time things.  But I, my dears, am valiantly attempting to stick to a no-buy as much as possible, so it's time to shop my stash, and here's what I found.

window-filtered daylight

My first go-round with Lolipop Posse Lacquer, The Final Sacrifice was released with PPU back in February 2020.  It's an inky-dark navy blue filled with finely milled aurora shimmer and lightly dusted with ultra-small holo dust, inspired by the cover of Florence + the Machine's debut album, Lungs,  I love that album and I loved the swatch pics, so this was a must-buy that of course sat on Mount Untried ever since.

outdoor, bright daylight

To allow that shimmer to shine forth, the formula was a little thinner than expected, and TFS needed 2.5 coats to get to full opacity.

indoor, bright CF lighting

So far so good, right?  I mean, these pics are gorgeous and look quite a bit like the swatch photos...  well, except that outdoors and my bright CF setup aren't exactly the light I spend the most time in.

indoor, office fluorescent lighting

This polish absolutely comes to life in the sun.  The first time I stepped outside into a bright day wearing it, I literally gasped.  The color, the sparkle, the everything YASSS.  But what you got above is unfortunately what it looked like for me while indoors.  It's a deep vampy metallic full of shine, sure, but something about the particular tone of the red and gold does not play well with the navy base, and so it ends up looking strangely muddy in office lighting.

outdoor, direct daylight

But out in that sun, woohoo!  Little rainbow sparks, that cool shifty effect across the curve of the nail, all lovely.  And check out the nice green flash:

outdoor, angled daylight

indoor, bright CF lighting

Rating:  3 out of 5 stars.  This polish was easy to work with and had average wear time, which is actually quite good for such a dark shade (dark polishes typically show edgewear almost instantly).  It was easily a 5 star polish in bright sunlight... but less so indoors or anytime I didn't have a spotlight on my nails.  

Where to buy:  as with all PPU, it's a one-and-done, so stalk blog sales & destashes for this one. 

~Michelle  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball