Book Club Nails: Leave the World Behind

Our latest pick for book club was Ruman Alam's Leave the World Behind.  While I didn't much care for the book (angst in the suburbs is my least favorite genre), there was a dream-like vision that one character had of a herd of hundreds of deer running past their vacation home in the middle of the night which struck me as particularly beautiful.

all photos indoor, in bright CF lighting

I've started with CrowsToes The Terminal Engagement as my base - it's a smoky, middle-of-the-night-sky blue with subtly sparkling shimmer.  I've added some tree images from HK-06 in green, then reached for KADS Chinese 021 for the deer.

I have a little over a dozen KADS plates, and all of them simply work.  The designs are simple enough to not be finicky to work with, but complex enough to be visually interesting.  Most of the things I have from them are unique in my stash.  And they are cheap, at typically around $2 per plate.  


Plenty of the other inexpensive Chinese stamping plates are knockoffs of other bigger-name plate brands such as Uber Chic or MoYou London, but all KADS plates are their own unique designs.  I've bought them from both ebay and AliExpress, though I far recommend the former if you'd like your packages tracked or more likely to show up on time.

Happy reading!

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball