Pahlish Texas Flake

This week was all forecast to be rainy, so time to move on from holos to something that would show well in the lower light... and oh how is this still untried??

indoor, CF lighting

Well, I'll tell you - it got skipped for a while because I think I expected something else. Texas Flake was released as a "Bespoke Batch" in August 2016, and I have it filed as being a "charcoal pewter" color, while I remember that the few swatch pics were more purple (limited swatch pics being pretty typical for these prototypes).  I can only assume my disonnect between expectation & reality caused me to set this aside for too long.  

outdoor, overcast daylight

I was wrong.  Texas flake is neither charcoal nor purple, but a warm raisiny taupe - if you believe that neutral shades can be vampy, this is it.  There's an assortment of microflakes in gold and metallic ultrachrome, and a very delicate scattered holo sparkle.

indoor, bright CF lighting

The bottle has a wicked case of "ugly bottle syndrome" where the chalky pigment that makes a polish opaque starts to cling to the bottle bottom and sides, but does not impact the color or application.  Interestingly enough the UBS looks khaki green, but I don't get any greenish tinge to the final color at all.  

outdoor, overcast daylight

In fact, Texas Flake had an absolutely dreamy formula, with complete opacity in 2 coats.  This polish was super easy to work with, stayed exactly where I put it, minimal cleanup needed...which was nice because the brush was kind of a mop mess.

indoor, bright CF lighting

Rating:  4 out of 5 stars, a gorgeous modern neutral that looked great on me and wore well.

~Michelle 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball