Book Club Nails - The Changeling

My current mani happened to be an excellent base for my book club this weekend, and the cover image was just so striking it begged for a nail art interpretation. 

indoor, CF lighting for all photos


While I didn't want to do an exact copy, the twinkling microflake in Texas Flake would serve well for the stars above the winter tree branches, and the deep taupe was an excellent representation of the nighttime woods.


To this twilight background, I've added the ghostly winter trees in a sheer (not stark or opaque) white polish using the bare tree branch at the top left corner of KADS Chinese 021.  I used the same tree image on all my nails, but twisted the stamper as I applied it to make each nail a little different, then used the moon image at the center of the plate as an accent.  As with all KADS plates I've tried, the images are etched very well, and the level of detail is just perfect for designs of this small - not so fine and tiny that you loose lines when lifting the image up, not so thick and chunky that the image isn't obviously what it is.  These are very affordable plates and work really well, big thumbs up.


Happy reading!

~Michelle 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball