Femme Fatale Malachite

For my last polish for Femme Fatale February, I'd been growing out my nails a bit to show off a thermal polish to best effect... and then a major cleaning project at home resulted in several chips & breaks on my swatching hand, so for this post Cindy takes the spotlight.

indoor, bright CF lighting

Thermals are notorious for having a finite shelf life, typically guaranteed to be working well for 6 months.  Malachite, released as a color of the month in November 2021 is my oldest untried thermal from Femme Fatale, and it's still working perfectly fine 15 months later.

indoor, bright CF lighting

Between the awkwardness of shooting the camera with my left hand, and the notorious trickiness of accurate color capture of teals, I find the bottle look to not be completely accurate, though the color on my nails certainly is.  Malachite is a very well-named polish, a bright earthy green when warm (above) and a deep emerald forest when cold (below), packed with "ocean flakies" that shift lime to aqua to cobalt as well as black hex glitters in 2 sizes.

outdoor, overcast daylight

Interestingly enough, I feel the cold color is darker than the bottle, while the warm color is definitely lighter... yet I don't think this is a tri-thermal.  It transitions quickly and was very responsive to temperature changes, but because the thermal is a tonal shift, it typically looked like a gradient on the nail, rather than showing a french tip effect.  

indoor, bright CF lighting

Rating:  4 out of 5 stars, this went on smoothly in 3 coats, and between the flakies and the glitter shows a really interesting depth.  I'm hoping this thermal lasts a long time, but if it dies in either of the two extremes of its color range it's still really pretty. 

~Michelle 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Book Club Nails - The House in the Cerulean Sea