Great Lakes Lacquer The Scorpion, the Serpent, the Phoenix

 We've had a lot of overcast dreary weather here, and while that's blah and not at all helping with my wishes for springtime, it is ideal to show off the shift of a good multichrome.

indoor, CF lighting

Great Lakes Lacquer released The Scorpion, the Serpent, the Phoenix with last January's "written in the stars" PPU as a tribute to the maker's own sign of Scorpio.  Now, I'm convinced I have a version of every multichrome under the sun, but when I saw the swatch pics it looked very unique, and I still don't know exactly what's going on here.

indoor, bright CF lighting

This polish is quite shifty and changes a lot with a tilt of your hand or while walking through different rooms in the house (you know, where the window goes from this angle to that one, and the lights are lamps instead of overhead).  In some lighting, this polish is intensely emerald green (above) while in other's it's a soft, cool, silvery grey (pinky nail in the top pic) - that says to me it's a version of Enchanted Hey Jude.

indoor, bright CF lighting

But then at extreme angles, we get all the cool colors of the ocean - turquoise, steel blue, purple - and that to me instead says it's a version of ILNP Sirene.  Is this a combo of both? Is it some wizardry with using a lighter hand with the shimmer and changing up the color of the base?  I do not know, it's a polish mystery. 

indoor, CF lighting

Rating:  4 out of 5 stars, this is beautiful and I regret nothing with my purchase of yet another multichome that's 100% in my wheelhouse of fave colors.  GLL has a fantastic formula that's easy to work with, and these smooth 3 thin coats wore very well on me.  

Where to buy:  by now you know the drill, PPU is a one-and-done, so shop destashes or cross your fingers this pretty comes back in June's rewind sale.

~Michelle

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball