Book Club Nails! Life After Life

 Both of my book clubs have been meeting virtually during this whole global shut-down, and at our last zoom meting someone asked if I still did themed nails for them.  Since we met in-person (woohoo, and thank goodness for patios far grander than mine!), it was time to rekindle this here inspiration source.

indoor, CF lighting

Kate Atkinson's Life After Life features a pair of huge red English roses in full bloom, in reversed direction.  Though it's not very illustrative of the story inside, it is a very striking cover.  To recreate it, I've started with a grey crelly base in the shade I had closest to the cover background.  My accent nails are stamped using Clear Jelly Stamper CJS-05, the "renaissance rose" plate, which has an image of a rose built up in 3 layers.  When I've used this plate previously, I've only done 2 layers and found it to be finicky to use... but this time, all 3 stamped on with zero troubles, with dark red for the background, then deep pink, and finally a white sheer enough to allow the red and pink to bleed through a bit.  Apparently, I've figured out much better how to align these layered patterns, because this felt easy to work with and I loved the final look.

indoor, CF lighting

The book was rather good, too!

~Michelle 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball