Dance Legend Post Scriptum

Completely out of the blue, someone asked the nail polish comparisons group if anyone had ever found a dupe for Cirque Coronation.  While I now have and love that one, I pulled out all my royal purple Clarins 230-type shimmer polishes, and remembered all of these are stunning. 

indoor, CF lighting

Dance Legend's Sparky collection was released a year before Cirque brought back Coronation, and though I can't really find any of the comparisons online now, the royal purple + holo sparkle + "unicorn pee" shimmer that is Post Scriptum was hailed as pretty darn close. 

outdoor, shady daylight

My swatch sticks at 2 coats showed the two of them to be aaaaalmost dupes... but this isn't a comparison post, because at this point I'm not actually sure if one is harder to find than the other, so I'm going to focus just on the merits of Post Scriptum by itself. 

outdoor, bright sunlight

And what a royal purple this is!  As with many polishes in this vein, PS is sheer enough to let the shimmer shine through, and in this case, allow some nearly invisibly-sized but extremely bright holo particles to bling things up in the sun.

indoor, bright CF lighting

I'm wearing 3 coats to get to the rich color you see here.  PS looks good at 2 coats, but deepens to the color promised in the bottle color at 3 (at which point it's barely a hair darker than Coronation).

outdoor, indirect sunlight

Without topcoat, the finish is satin and subtly textured, so TC is most definitely in order.  But with topcoat the 230 sparkle is less brilliant than in the bottle (note the intensity of the red shimmer in the top bottle pic that opened this post), and the shift to green (below) is definitely dampened.  I'm suspicious that this is the same type of violet/purple pigment known to bleed up into TC that causes some holos to look less linear once topcoated. 

outdoor, angled bright sunlight

Still, all shimmer questions aside, this is a luscious purple.

outdoor, cloudy/indirect daylight

indoor, bright CF lighting

Rating:  5 out of 5 stars, despite the jelly-like quicker than ideal wear time, despite the muting of the shifty shimmer, this is a dead perfect color and you feel like a queen wearing it.  

Where to buy:  sigh, guys, I don't even know.  Dance Legend used to be a huge brand in indie/import circles, with every new collection eagerly anticipated.  I know Color 4 Nails and Beautometry still have some things in stock (not Post Scriptum, unfortunately), but I really don't know where to get your DL fix anymore other than trying to buy direct from Russia.  Good Luck!

~Michelle 

Comments

  1. That looks amazing. I haven't bought a DL in ages. I used to buy a lot from eBay and used the official site a few times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me neither. Not having a stockist in the US means I don't even know what's new with them anymore!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball