Shleee Polish Obsessed

Reflective glitter is the new hotness that's absolutely exploded all over the indie polish scene in the past few months.  I've  been a little hesitant to jump onto this particular wagon because 1) still attempting to work that no-buy and 2)I typically kinda hate glitter removal.  But like the polish nerd I am, I totally caved when I saw one that was just too too gorgeous to pass by...

indoor, bright CF lighting

Obsessed is about the right word here.  This is an amazingly saturated color that was truly the exact violet center between blue and purple.  It leans more one way or the other depending on indoor vs sunlight, but I am filing this one under blue.  The base is deeply saturated but is a jelly to allow those sparkles to shine forth, so it took 3 coats to get to the opacity you see here. 

with flash

With flash or with the just right angle of direct sunlight, those bright silvery glitters come alive and throw back as much light as physics allows.  It's a super cool effect, but you'll note there's more glitter sparking from the bottle than from my nails.  Turns out we have here a similar phenomenon that's widely reported for colors of this type with a linear holo finish - when topcoated, the violet jelly base dissolves a little up into the topcoat, which somewhat smothers the flashy effect.  It is indeed as blinky as the bottle before topcoat, but the texture means I needed 2 layers of TC and going without isn't an option. 

with flash

As far as my removal concern, it was nowhere near as difficult as expected.  2 rounds of my standard soak & pull technique (tear up a cotton ball into small nail-sized pieces, soak one by one one in acetone  and immediately stick to the nail, wait ~2 minutes, then pull straight off without rubbing) was adequate to get rid of 75% of it, then only light rubbing with another bit of cotton ball was needed.  If you decide to try out some reflective glitters, use a gentle removal method or a peel-off base, because these particles are made of glass and will scratch up the surface of your nail if you're more of a scrub with cotton ball type of person. 

indoor, bright CF lighting

Rating:  4 out of 5 stars, this is indeed an obsessively gorgeous color, bold and dramatic, with a fun punchy flash.  I had one bad chip on my dominant hand the day after I painted, but after I touched that area up, Obsessed otherwise wore well.  

Where to buy:  Shleee has done a couple of restocks of this awesome color, so some might be still in stock.

~Michelle 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball