Pahlish What Would Carole Baskin Do?

For my next dark/saturated colored look, I wanted to go with something springtime, or traditionally girly, and reached for a rich wine.

indoor, bright CF lighting

Pahlish released What Would Carole Baskin Do? as their contribution to the December 2020 "everything's fine" themed PPU.  I never watched 'Tiger King' and certainly DGAF about the drama on that show, but I do love me a rich wine nail polish.

outdoor, shady/indirect daylight

WWCBD (which certainly wins as one of the most unwieldy names in my collection) is an incredibly saturated dark magenta in direct light, a bit more pink than wine, perhaps, and I honestly wondered why I'd been so keen on this one (not being a connoisseur of pinks).

outdoor, bright angled daylight

Then I saw that duochromatic shimmer flash in the sunlight and aaaaaaah yes, I remembered exactly why I felt the need to grab this beauty. 

indoor, bright CF lighting

The shimmer goes from wine to gold to peridot green, giving the overall look of the polish a dramatic shift from dark scarlet over to reddish gold. 

outdoor, shady/indirect daylight

This went on in two smooth coats with zero troubles, and wore nicely for several days without any chipping or unusual edgewear.  

outdoor, bright daylight

I've paired WWCBD with accent nails of Fancy Gloss Lace, a milky palest pink crelly which I utterly love as a nail art base.  The dragonfly image is from KADS Nature 051 in El Corazon Vinous, with some placed large holo glitters. 

indoor, bright CF lighting

Rating:  4 out of 5 stars, this is a real stunner of a wine, and more than meets the eye on first impression!

Where to buy:  as with all PPU shades, this was one-and-done, so be on the haunt for blog sales & destashes.

~Michelle 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball