Green Fire Marble: Zoya Logan

 I asked the man's opinion on colors for my pedi this past week, and he suggested emerald green, a fine choice IMO.  I typically bring my own polish to the salon so I can do my nails to match later if I so choose.  A get-together this weekend with the ladies in my book club meant a whole coordinating look was born from jewelry to nails.

indoor, bright CF lighting

Having recently had such a fantastic experience trying out one of Fancy Gloss Sheers, I reached for the other I'd acquired at the same time, Got Milk, a lovely soft white sheer jelly/crelly., then created the flaming tips with Zoya Logan.

outdoor, shady/overcast daylight

To get this look, I started with my typical base coat, then painted one thin layer of Got Milk.  Working one nail at a time, I painted a very thick layer of Got Milk, then striped Logan across the tip.  I had a drop of Logan on my nail art mat, which I dipped into with my dotting tool, then dragged upward through the green into the white in a wavy motion to create these flames.  You can make your flames thicker or thinner by varying the amount of polish you float across the tip, or even try dotting multiple colors into the base color.  The biggest tip is to make sure to paint a thick layer of the base color so that you marble the two wet polishes into each other, not just scratch furrows into the base. 

outdoor, shady/overcast daylight

Where to buy:  Fancy Gloss sheers can be purchased directly from her, and Logan is part of Zoya's permanent collection

~Michelle 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball