Fluid Art Nails: Orly Blazing Sunset

 Neon isn't so much my jam.  Eye-searingly bright colors are right up there with oranges and yellows in my "nah, it's cool on you but not on me" list.  And yet...  Cirque's annual Vice Collection of summer neons had a really unique red that had me intrigued.  Plenty of folks reported it leaned rather orangey, so doubly not up my alley, but then someone suggested this as being similarly bright, but leaning more pink than orange, and just woah.

window-filtered overcast daylight

Orly released Blazing Sunset with their 2018 Summer collection, "Neon Earth," and it is indeed scorchingly neon.  In bright daylight, it's merely bright, but somehow in lower lighting it absolutely glows.

indoor, bright CF lighting

Blazing Sunset dries down just a touch more saturated than the bottle color, so you end up with a neon coral and not the hot pink the bottle suggests. On swatch stick and while making these decals, it's easily opaque in just 2 coats, and does not at all require a white base to pop.

window-filtered daylight

It's been a while since I pulled out some fluid polishes, and since I was hesitant to leap fully into the neon pool, this seemed a great way to wear things.  As per usual with fluid nails, I created a sheet of marble on a silicone mat and cut the best parts into decals.  In combo with Blazing Sunset, we have Dance Legend Spot-it White (which is dead at this point and doesn't help create the foamy cells, but does serve as a thinner white crème) and Baroness X Glam, a sparkly metallic gold fluid polish.

indoor, bright CF lighting

I absolutely loved this look and wore it for a full week.

window-filtered daylight

Rating:  4 out of 5 stars for Blazing Sunset.  The formula was way too thick and gloopy right out of the bottle, but I'm attributing that to a shipping mishap - the neck of the bottle was polish-encrusted, but there was no visible fill line.  A dose of thinner got this working just fine.  I still don't know that I'd wear this screamer of a color solo, but it makes for some rather epic summer nail art.

Where to buy:  anywhere that Orly polish is sold near you, or this is readily available online from plenty of stores. 

~Michelle 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball