Iridescent Jelly Donut Nails

 Some of the super hot nail trends that pop up on everyone's feed really crack me up.  Most aren't so much a "trend" as "that one time someone did something over-the-top for a nail art competition, and someone felt the need to make a post about it."  

outdoor, bright daylight

This time around, though, the "trend" is certainly trending, with the "jelly donut look" gracing the fingers of celebs and city dwellers in the know all over instagram.  In my eyes, though, it's just a sheer, soft, white, and it just so happens I wanted exactly that for my next nail art look, so I wore it solo for a day too.

indoor, bright CF lighting

My version is a super shiny iridescent, but still translucent enough to look like the glaze on a donut (sidebar: why are these called jelly donuts and not glazed donut nails??).  I've used 1 coat Fancy Gloss Got Milk, then 1 coat Ethereal White Smoke, plus my usual base & top coats, and wow was this quick but shimmery-shifty goodness. 

outdoor, bright daylight

I wish all beauty trends were this simple to pull off, and this universally flattering!

~Michelle 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball