Femme Fatale Burning Dusk

New month, new brand!  Today we have the polish that inspired this year's blog theme for me, which I've put out ISOs on the resell fb groups, pinterest, and destashes for several years (I found an old ISO post from 6 years ago!)… and then from out of the blue, it became available just last month, and it's HERE!

indoor, bright CF lighting

Let me tell you a little tale of "if I knew then what I know now":  once upon a time in 2013 when I was starting to have to worry about storing all the polish I was acquiring from all these wonderful indie stores and stockists, I tried to put the brakes on going overboard.  I'm not someone who worries about being a completist, and if the 2nd book in a series really sucks, there's no reason to keep reading.  I originally bought only about half of Femme Fatale's 2013 collection comprised of linear holos with amazing contrast shimmer.  I loved every single one I wore - these are all 4 or 5 star polishes, easy.  But I failed to snap up the rest once I knew how awesome the ones I already had were.

outdoor, bright daylight

The hype machine then wasn't what it is now, and there were only a few swatches, and it was very easy to convince myself that some in this collection looked like the others.  Overall, it's a group of cool tones leaning toward purple, silver, wine, and blue... and I misinterpreted thematic cohesion for sorta dupey.  Each one is absolutely unique.  When I finally realized my mistake, I had to start acquiring the rest gradually from destashes.  This is the last one to complete all 10 for me.

outdoor, bright daylight

Burning Dusk is, like her sisters, a very finely milled sparkling linear holo with a seriously amazing contrasst shimmer.  This is a warm plummy wine-purple with an icy blue metallic shimmer overlay, resulting in this looking very different as the lighting condition changes, flipping on occasion to a much cooler looking violet. 

indoor, bright CF lighting

I'm showing 2 coats here, which brought me to full visual opacity, and had zero issues with the formula or brush or application.  I wondered if a 3rd coat might have darkened the base color closer to that cool violet, but when I test-painted one nail there was no difference.

outdoor, bright daylight

What an absolute looker!!  I'd be tempted to finish swatching the rest of the untrieds from this collection, but the weather has not been consistently sunny for holos, and Femme Fatale has always had rather diverse offerings, and WOW do I have a lot of untrieds from them.

indoor, bright CF lighting

Rating:  can this be anything other than a flawless 5 out of 5 stars?  I loved everything about this other than the need to take it off when it finally started to show some edgewear.  This is a flattering color that looks like it came from outer space, and I love it to pieces.

~Michelle 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball