Tonic Indiglo

Purple was the man's pick for the next color, and soon as he said it I knew what I'd be reaching for...

indoor, bright CF lighting
When Tonic first released Indiglo, I passed because surely there must be a handful of similar things in my collection, like Prince's Plums or Belinda or any number of the luscious purple-plum-indigo beauties I can't help myself from hoarding.

outdoor, bright direct sunlight
Enough stunningly beautiful swatches appeared all over the interwebs to convince me, quite rightly as it turns out, that I was dead wrong.  Indiglo is indeed ALL THAT, and while she may be a sister to the other richly saturated, somewhat shifty purples in my stash, she is truly unique. Thank all that's holy for destashes helping you out when you made a wrong decision the first time!

indoor, bright CF lighting
Indiglo's base is a smooth, lightly sheer, distinctly red-leaning plummy purple that is loaded with a staggeringly beautiful electric blue aurora shimmer.

outdoor, bright direct sunlight
Aurora shimmers are brightly shifty, and this example is no exception.  At steep angles, the blue pops over to a fiery mid-toned purple (above and below), so it truly is all shades of purple, from royal to plum to indigo, at one lighting situation or another. 

indoor, bright CF lighting

outdoor, bright direct daylight
The base was somewhat sheer, so 3 coats were needed to get to the opacity and intensity shown here.  I had no problems at all with the formula or brush, but you know saturated colors like this are going to be a beast to scrub out of your cuticles if you overdo it, so paint carefully my friends. 

window-filtered bright daylight
indoor, CF lighting

Rating:  a stunning 5 out of 5 stars, truly a thing of beauty.  This wore nicely and was easy to work with, and it's genuinely one of those "glows from within" sorts of shades that I'm an eternal sucker for. 

Where to buy:  haunt blog sales & destashes to score a bottle of this... or join the Tonic fb fan group to beg for it as a "return from the vault" polish.

~Michelle 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball