Book Club Nails: Cloud Cuckoo Land

 This month's book club selection was Cloud Cuckoo Land, a book longer than our typical picks, so one I was reading almost up until the deadline.  It's a multilayered story made up of a handful of distinctly different tales that all braid into each other by the end... which had me wondering which of the threads I'd pull out for a nail art look.  Then it occurred to me that the framing story that anchors the rest - about a comedy/travelogue written by an ancient Greek that involves a trip to a golden city in the sky populated by birds - was the ideal choice. 

indoor, bright CF lighitng

I've started with 3 coats of OPI I Believe in Manicures, an absolutely lovely sky blue with a formula just a little more tricky than it's worth, that's served me before as an ideal base color for book nail art.  Multiple plates then went into making this final look: clouds from KADS Chinese 021, birds from Nicole Diary L-10, and golden spires from a few images combined on MJ XXX-30.

Happy Reading!

~Michelle 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball