Dreamland The King & The Queen

 While I was ready to switch back to a lighter shade, I wasn't entirely ready to let go of green, and yet didn't just want a pale version of my last look...

indoor, bright CF lighting

Dreamland Lacquer released The King & The Queen as their offering for the August 2019 "At the Carnival" themed PPU.

outdoor, shady/overcast daylight

King & Queen has a soft grey crelly base that leans ever so slightly verdigris, like the palest edge to an old, worn dollar bill.  It's packed with iridescent flakes that flash from pink to gold to green.

indoor, bright CF lighting

The flakie density makes this polish just a bit thicker than I prefer, getting instantly sticky on application such that getting up to the sides of the nail smoothly and wrapping the free edge is tricky.  And yet, it wore like iron, with no chipping or visible edgewear after several days, so a well-performing formula anyway.

outdoor, shady/overcast daylight

I'd meant to use this as a base for a stamping look, but life this week got in the way.  And on top of that, I'm honestly not sure what color(s) I'd layer over this and design inspo was not to be found with my hectic schedule of the past few days.  

indoor, bright CF lighting

Rating:  3 out of 5 stars.  This polish gave me a suggestion of lobster hands in some lighting (dusty cool greens often do), and was maybe more neutral than I was in the mood for, but it wore excellently so I'll be revisiting it next time I need something the color of faded copper verdigris as a base for a nail art look.  

Where to buy:  as with all PPU offerings, this was one-and-done, so stalk destashes & blog sales.

~Michelle 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball