Plaid nails - OPI Yoga-ta Get This Blue

The holiday season is barreling down on us, and while I'm not one for santa & painting everything red & green, I am all about dressing up my nails for holiday parties.  This weekend, my book club was having a white elephant gift exchange, and I was inspired by another blogger's fantastic plaid nails to bust out plaid stamping plates of my own.

Plaid nails with OPI Yoga-ta Get This Blue
indoor, bright CF lighting
For the base of this rich holiday plaid, I'm using OPI Yoga-ta Get This Blue, a deep sapphire pearl shimmer that's aaaaalmost a one-coater.  Two plus topcoat here, of course, with the usual caveat about the need to paint super carefully when dealing with a blue this saturated so you're not later trying to sandblast your cuticles.  Pro tip: I've recently discovered that my electric toothbrush does a killer job at getting the last little specks of these really dark polishes out from under my cuticle edge when used with just plain water the next morning.  For the plaid design, I've stamped with MoYou London Silver Fox using one of the 2 fabulous plaids from Hehe 028 (as always, Hehe plates are A+ for me). 

Plaid nails with OPI Yoga-ta Get This Blue
indoor, window-filtered daylight
After wearing this for one day, I wanted there to be just a little more oomph, so added accent stripes using the single thin strip from CJS-08, a DIY plaid plate, with Pretty Serious Santa's Sunburn.  Because these stripes were so thin, they had a tendency to dry super quickly and were a little tricky to pick up and place, but I loved the overall finished look!

Rating:  a solid 4 out of 5 stars for Yoga, you really do need to get that blue if there's not something similar in your collection.  There's a subtle purple duochrome flash in the bottle that never showed up on my nails no matter how I tilted them, but I am convinced that it contributed to the richness of the color anyway.

Where to buy:  though this was originally part of a 2008 collection, I believe it's now core, because this is readily available at Amazon, ebay, and Ulta.

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball