Holiday Houndstooth

Ever since I did plaid nails, I've been wanting to do more textile-themed designs, and the holiday season inspired me to make it red & blingy.

Red & Black Houndstooth Nail Art
outdoor, bright afternoon sunlight
Starting with one of my all-time fave black polishes, Blue-eyed Girl Together Dead and Lonely, I then stamped with SuperChic Realm of Erotica using the XXL-4 plate.

Red & Black Houndstooth Nail Art
outdoor, overcast & shady daylight
Realm of Erotica looks more true red in the bottle, but is in fact cool-toned berry red - my sunlight shots show this as just a hair warmer due to the warm tint of the light, but this shade shot is color accurate.  I've ended up liking this polish a whole lot more as a stamper than as full-coverage, with the bonus that the blinding linear holo is fare more apparent in thin stamping layers than at full thickness.

Red & Black Houndstooth Nail Art
outdoor, bright afternoon sunlight
Happy solstice and all winter holidays to everyone!

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Book Club Nails - The House in the Cerulean Sea