New Year's Nails - Creative Shop 77

The day after Christmas, my partner and I hopped on a plane to go spend time with family in Colorado through New Year's Eve.  When I go out of town, I never take super special LE polishes, the sort that would be impossible to replace if they got lost out of my luggage.  For the most sparkle-tastic holiday of the year, I wanted to look classy but blingy.  A good stamping plate and some sadly ignored mainstream polishes worked out perfectly!

Stamping nail art design Sinful Colors Haute Koffee
window-filtered overcast daylight
First up, for the trip out, I wore Sinful Colors Haute Koffee.  Haute is a luscious, deep, dark, vampy wine with a beautiful shimmer that's utterly hidden by the velvety matte finish.  This is absolutely one of those polishes that you can wear 2 different ways, and would look contrasty enough to be pretty with part of each nail painted in glossy topcoat and part left matte.  I'm wearing 2 coats here, then stamped with a paisley-esque stripe design from Creative Shop 77 using Emily de Molly rose gold, and finally topped with matte TC. This polish had an amazing formula, then wore absolutely like iron - a real winner!

Stamping nail art Creative Shop 77 LA Girl Live on Stage
indoor, CF lighting
Creative Shop 77 is full of fantastic individual geometric designs that can be used together or individually.  The whole center of the plate is smaller images that would look great overlapped or layered in different colors, using the larger circles to frame any of the smaller images.  Either side has full-nail designs, including the stripe I used for my first one (extending out from my index finger in the pic above).  Like all CS plates I've tried so far, this one is etched flawlessly, making pickup of even the very fine-lined details completely easy.

stamping nail art LA Girl Live on Stage
indoor, bright CF lighting
For my NYE look, I was wearing a black & metallic geometric top, and I wanted my nails to be a little matchy-matchy.  I'm wearing 2 coats here of LA Girl Live on Stage, a bright gold holo glitter that I thought would take twice as many coats to get to even sort of opaque.  Despite sitting unloved in my stash for 4+ years, the formula was great, coverage was great, and wear was great.  Another winner!

Rating:  4 out of 5 stars for both of these polishes - with pretty + solid wear time + wicked cheap (less than 3 bucks each!), there's really not much more you could want.

Where to buy:  both Sinful and LA girl are sold at plenty of drug stores.  Both of these are from somewhat older collections, but well worth digging for.

Happy 2018!

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball