Red & Silver Semaphore - Sally Hansen Sterling Silver Foil

Just a quick weekend fun mani today.  A friend had invited me to go check out a band last night, and while that fell through on both our parts, I still managed to squeak in time for a flash rock-star paint job.


This is not the first time i've used a England's flawless Perceval for dramatic nail-art undies, nor will it be the last.  I swear, this one has got to be one of my "desert island" polishes (not that nail polish would be the first survival essential one would plan for, ahem).  I used some plain ol' scotch tape to stick on some diagonal stripes from ~1/3 down one side of my nail to the opposite tip corner, then layered on Sally Hansen's Sterling Silver Color Foil.


The edges aren't as crisp as I'd like on some nails, since I ended up needing to do 2 coats of the silver, which meant that the tape jagged the partially-dry silver when i peeled it up.  Oh well, I still had awesome semaphore android fingers.  Same application tips apply as the other SH Foil I tried, and this would have been easy perfection if I'd used a single thick coat of the silver.

Rating:  identical to the rose gold SH Foil, Silver gets a solid 4 out of 5 stars, with the dramatic effect more than worth the persnickety application technique.

Where to buy:  wherever SH polishes are sold (generally, drugstores), though this may have been LE for the summer, so shop quick.

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball