Flash Disco Nails: ILNP Luna + white

As per usual when I need ideas on a starting point for my nails, I asked the man his opinion.  While he most typically gives me just a color, for some strange reason, he was unusually specific:  white and opalescent with lots of flakies.  *Shrug.*  Ok, here goes.

indoor, bright CF lighting
The result reminds me of shimmery, spangled disco jumpsuits & flashing lights, so I'm calling this a disco nail art look.  It's fun, but not something I would have come up with on my own, so I just popped my hip and flung the opposite pointer in the air and went with it.

window-filtered sunlight
I started out with a base of Hard Candy Coconut in hopes that its shimmer might peek through the flake base (lol, nope, it's still just plain white on the nail).  Since clearly more shimmer was needed, I then topped with Baroness X Fox Fires, an iridescent microflakie topcoat, which absolutely amped up the shimmer quotient.  Next, I used some french tip guidelines to mark off curves on my middle and ring fingers, and sponged ILNP Luna in until I got complete coverage, and then applied one thin layer of Luna to all my nails.  Finally, to make those curves pop a little more, i used a glittery silver striper to frame them.  Whew!!!

indoor, CF lighting
The sponged-on density on my 2 accent nails really highlighted the shift that Luna is capable of, and had a cool hammered metal finish.  Despite all the layers, the only part of this with even a hint of texture was the glittery silver.

bright afternoon sunlight
I've previously worn and loved Luna, and this shimmery shift is still lovely, but this quantity of disco flash was a bit too over the top for a workday instead of the dancefloor, so I didn't keep it on all that long.

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball