Gold & Brown Stone Marble

It's been a while since I played with my fluid art polishes, and I needed something a bit more neutral looking after my last blingy look, so I made some decals and ended up with this:

Brown and Gold Fluid nail art
outdoor, bright direct sunlight
To create the decals, I used a layer of a chocolate brown shimmer, added plenty of LA Girl Live on Stage for the bright gold holo sparks, and plenty of dabs of Dance Legend Spot it White to create the foamy cells.  Polish was applied to my silicone nail art mat, and the mat was folded and pressed until I was happy with the patterns that resulted.

Brown and Gold Fluid nail art
outdoor, shady daylight
The white swirled the other two colors together quite nicely, but really only a few areas of the expected foamy cells ultimately developed.  A fluid nail art pro in one of my fb polish groups recently mentioned that her fluid polishes eventually become less effective (NOOOO!!!!!), so this one may be pooping out  :(

Brown and Gold Fluid nail art
indoor, bright CF lighting
I really liked this look and got plenty of compliments on it.  Lots of cells or no, it really does look like slices of fancy-grade polished marble on my fingertips.

Brown and Gold Fluid nail art
outdoor, bright sunlight
^^OK, well, one nail had A++ foamy cells develop!

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball