St Patrick's' Day - Lucky 13 Holy Mother-Forking Shirtballs

 I already knew right away what I'd be wearing for St Paddy's Day this year:

outdoor, bright direct sunlight

Oh YESSSSS.  Let's do that again, shall we?

indoor, window-filtered indirect daylight

I am an inveterate green lover, so when Lucky 13 dropped Holy Mother-Forking Shirtballs with this past December's PPU, it was a foregone conclusion that I'd need to snap it up tout suite.

indoor, bright CF lighting

Tonal thermals are typically my favorite - if things switch between two shades of the same color, there's no chance of weird intermediates and it's always pretty - but this one kicks that up a notch by being a tri-thermal.  At it's coldest, Shirtballs is a richly saturated kelly green (as in the bottle above, and on the very tips of my middle and ring fingers).  A little warmer and it leans teal, a grassy oceanic green (the rest of my middle and ring fingers).  Warmest, it's a pale, barely-there mint.

outdoor, bright sunlight

Added to that lovely mix of greens, there's a gentle scattering of holo sparkle, a subtle accent and not a linear flame.

outdoor, bright sunlight

But wait, there's more!  Tri-hermal + scattered holo + a really sparkly glass fleck shimmer that's softly minty green in direct lighting, but pops candy pink at angles (above).  

in the dark, obvi

And as the gift that keeps on giving, it also glows in the dark like crazy.  All the separate elements build beautifully onto each other, a really lovely cohesive look.  

outdoor, bright sunlight

I'm wearing 3 coats here - as with thermals that get this pale, the warm state is quite sheer - and had no problems with the formula.  It was just a hair thicker than I like, a common texture for thermals, but it wasn't so much that I felt the need to thin it down.  

outdoor, bright sunlight

There's enough going on in Shirtballs that it needed merely an accent to become a holiday look.  I've stamped a shamrock from MoYou London Geek 14 first in a dark green to show up nicely while Shirtballs is in the pale warm state, then in bright metallic gold to pop over the darker cool state.

indoor, bright CF lighting

Rating:  a flawless 5 out of 5 stars, this is without a doubt one of my fave thermals.  I had no problems with application, and it wore quite nicely for nearly a week with minimal edgewear.  It's green, it's sparkly, the glow effect makes my inner 3 year old giddy... what's not to love?

Where to buy:  you know the drill with PPU polishes - one and it's done.  Haunt blog sales & destashes to find a bottle.

~Michelle 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Book Club Nails - The House in the Cerulean Sea