Pahlish Sleep to Dream + Goldsmith

For the past couple years, I've decided on a theme for my nail looks - first it was colorful alternating with neutral, then light alternating with dark last year.  By some small miracle, a long-searched for DISO fell into my lap this week, which caused me to pore through all the far too long unloved polishes in my stash.  BAM!  This is the theme for 2023:  I'll pick a new brand each month, and select from the oldest yet-untrieds I have of that brand.  In shopping my stash, I'll either feel the need to purge or I'll dig up buried treasure!

indoor, bright CF lighting for all photos

Hooooboy I have been collecting and wearing polish for more than a decade, with some things lying untried for longer than the brand was in business, eek!  Pahlish is thankfully still going strong, and still with really personal and unique inspo for her collections.  Today I'm showing Sleep To Dream, from her 2013 Winter collection.  The name is taken from a Fiona Apple song off her debut album, which I loved more than anything, so this was a must-have.


Sleep To Dream is a deep vampy raisin wine scattered with purple, gold, and cobalt microflakies.  I'm wearing 2 coats here, which brought it to full visual opacity, though it looks a little sheer in brightly lit macro photos in a way it did not IRL.  To amp the sparkle, I've added one coat of Goldsmith, which I've worn before and is still lovely.  


Rating:  3 out of 5 for Sleep To Dream, and 4 for Goldsmith.  While the formula was perfectly smooth and easy to work with - despite lying around for a decade! - this wore and then chipped unfortunately quickly on me.  The saturated color and microflake made it easy to touch up, though, and a little smidge of Goldsmith had it all looking nice and new so I could continue this combo for as long as I liked.  

Where to buy:  I might actually need to stop adding this section for most of this year's project.  Things that are a decade old, or from brands sadly gone will be impossible to find in anything other than a destash somewhere in the wilds of ye olde interwebs.  Good luck to everyone if I do end up unearthing buried treaaure!

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball