ILNP Birefringence

The other polish that I immediately thought of when deciding what to revisit was one that I always find myself shocked that I somehow never photographed.  I just know I've worn it at least twice before this, but maybe I'm just imagining things...

ILNP Birefringence
indoor, CF lighting
Once upon a time, Ozotic made duo-and  multichrome polishes that had really pretty shift (according to pics, I don't actually have these myself) but were so sheer that wearing over black was a definite necessity.  Then ILNP burst onto the scene, first with some pretty holos, then with some staggeringly beautiful shifting magic that was opaque on its own, no undies required.  ILNP Birefringence is the absolute mother of all multichromes.  I had a hard time narrowing down all the pics I got, so buckle up, and spoiler alert - all the colors even hinted at in that bottle shot above are absolutely visible on the nail.

ILNP Birefringence
outdoor, shady and overcast daylight
When viewed dead-on, Birefringence is a gorgeously saturated deep sapphire blue.  With barely a tilt, it goes through a cool-toned royal purple and on into a warmer plummy purple.

ILNP Birefringence
indoor, bright CF lighting
ILNP Birefringence
outdoor, overcast daylight
At more extreme angles, Birefringence goes even further, past magenta, though a gorgeous flaming scarlet red, and on to bronze and gold.

ILNP Birefringence
indoor, bright CF lighting
This looked good at 2 very thin coats, but the color deepened and the last of any lingering thinner spots were gone at 3 coats; a heavier hand could get away with two thick ones, but I think thinner layers wear much better.

ILNP Birefringence
outdoor, bright afternoon sunlight, showing the scarlet shift
My bookclub meeting this weekend featured One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, so birds were called for.  I've stamped here using several bird images from Curali 001 in white.

ILNP Birefringence
same bright afternoon sunlight, plus the start of the bronze shift
ILNP Birefringence
indoor, CF lighting
Rating:  a flawless 5 out of 5 stars, Birefringence remains a serious fave.  The formula is easy to work with, the color shift is the sort of instantaneous where people stop mid-conversation to swear your fingers were a different color a moment ago, and this wore great for most of the week.

Where to buy:  direct from ILNP, or from Amazon if you prefer.

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball