Birthday in Wine Country: OPI Glitzerland

My sister's birthday is the day after mine, and hers this year is a big one with a zero on the end.  She planned out an utterly amazing and relaxing week lounging in wine country for the two of us and our spouses, so wine-themed nails were certainly necessary.

OPI Glitzerland wine stamping mani
outdoor, overcast daylight
I started with 2 easy coats of Suzy's all time fave gold, OPI Glitzerland.  It has a softly shimmery metallic finish, more hammered metal than liquid chrome, and dries into a nicely thin accumulation of shimmer no matter how many coats you wanted to stack up.

OPI Glitzerland wine stamping mani
outdoor, overcast daylight
To create my wine country look, I've used a grape & vine motif from Messy Mansion 75 and the utterly ideal for this purpose El Corazon Vinous.  While I absolutely love each of the designs on this plate, all but the tiniest accent images are way too wide to fit on a nail, and unfortunately I think that the piece of the design is a lot less clear as to what it is than the whole design on the plate.

OPI Glitzerland wine stamping mani
indoor, incandescent + CF lighting
We tried plenty of fantastic wines, and the prettiest I brought home is this amazing cab.  I collect wine labels and have decorated my whole kitchen in framed examples of my faves, so this beauty will be going on the wall as soon as the bottle is emptied.  If you noticed that the top pics are of my Cinderella hand, though, I also managed to pick up a break right at the base of my middle finger, so back to square nubs for me (GGGRRRRRRR!!!!!).

Happy wine time to everyone!
~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball