Ishmael Nails - Girly Bits I'm Your Venus + MoYou London Enchanted 07

I really love my bookclub - we pick a fairly broad range of eclectic selections, and it's a super fun group of people.  I don't do themed nails for every meeting (inspiration has to strike, after all!), but for this month it was just too easy to be right on point to pass up the chance.

nail art inspired by Ishmael

This month, the pick was one I'd read way back in college, not terribly long after it came out.  I took my inspiration straight from the cover, with green leaves on an orange background, plus the titular gorilla.


Girly Bits I'm Your Venus provided a lovely metallic copper in 2 easy coats.  Using images from MoYou London Enchanted 07 plate, I stamped the leaf patterns (both by themselves, and the design with the leaves framing the gorilla) in Emily de Molly green, then overstamped the gorilla alone in black.

MoYou London Enchanted 07

Pickup was pretty perfect for the leaves alone, but less so for the gorilla image, unusual since MYL's plates tend to be some of the easiest to work with in my collection.  My nails are a work-appropriate (well, for me anyway) fairly short right now, and the size of the designs on MYL's regular plates fit just right.  If I grew the length out any more, these would not fit, but I find that the XL plates enlarge the whole image rather than simply continuing or lengthening it.  Since nobody's nails get wider when they're long, the Xl plates don't work well for me.  In other words, if you're picking some of these up, pay attention to the design size.

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball