Ethereal Lacquer Grímnismál - Take 2 (aka, "but does it stamp?")

After my plan to wear Ethereal Lacquer Grímnismál as a stamped mani didn't pan out last time, I dug through the PPU facebook group and found the post that inspired me in the first place.  A swatcher had shown crème polishes in a slew of colors, with Grímnismál painted over half of each nail to show how dramatic the difference was.  Cobalt blue seemed like a real winner, so...

Ethereal Lacquer Grímnismál stamping
indoor, bright CF lighting
On my ring finger, I'm wearing 3 coats of Grímnismál on its own - indeed, plenty opaque without the need for any undies.  On the rest of my nails, I've started with a deep cobalt blue and stamped using a basketweave chevron pattern from Uber Chic 1-01.

Ethereal Lacquer Grímnismál stamping
outdoor, direct sunlight
I wanted to pick a pattern with chunky sections instead of thin lines - since I'm relying on the shimmer to show the pattern, I think any delicately drawn designs just won't show up.  Before topcoat, this looked AMAZING, with the hazy grey base of Grímnismál drying just slightly matte enough to really pop against the blue.

Ethereal Lacquer Grímnismál stamping
outdoor, afternoon daylight
With topcoat making everything uniformly glassy, though, the pattern was a good deal more subtle.  Not as striking as I'd hoped, but the aurora shimmer shift is still nicely evident, and of course these types of red-to-green shifters look their best over blue, black, or purple, so this was a pretty look.

Ethereal Lacquer Grímnismál stamping
outdoor, direct sunlight
The cobalt blue was way too sheer to stamp with, and I discovered to my dismay that I don't have a blue in this color for stamping that doesn't have a boatload of holo, so the lighter blue of Esmaltes da Kelly Wendy had to stand up for the accent nail, using a double chevron from the same plate.  Fear not, this first-world-problem has been corrected now!

Ethereal Lacquer Grímnismál stamping
indoor, bright CF lighting
So does Grímnismál stamp? Yeah, pretty much... and if you have the flawless hand-eye skills to stamp a layer of matte topcoat over it, it would indeed be fantastic.

~Michelle

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball