Ethereal Lacquer Moon Water

 Ethereal Lacquer is probably the most accurately named polish brand I can think of - she has indeed made a name for herself in ethereally lovely, sheer, shimmery goodness.  Mystery polishes are never my jam... but she's sucked me into needing some on more than one occasion.

indoor, bright CF lighting

Moon Water was part of a Moon Dreams Mystery trio last year, and all 3 of them were just beautiful.  

outdoor, afternoon daylight

This is a sheer aqua jelly, slightly dusty and subtly greyed out - not at all a bright swimming pool turquoise.  That dustiness makes it feel more Fall to me, and I'm very sure helps keep it wearable - despite my beloved aqua colors sometimes causing the dreaded lobster hands look, there was never any of that here.

outdoor, shady/overcast daylight

I'm showing 3 coats here and still have a bit of VNL in any lighting that's not bright enough to cause the shimmer to catch fire.  This polish is, of course, all about that shimmer - a finely milled aurora that's pinky-red in direct light...

outdoor, afternoon daylight

...then shifts to bright, nearly metallic gold at angled light, and on over to a bright grassy green at angles.

outdoor, afternoon daylight

The formula was super easy to work with, not becoming sticky or dentable on that 3rd coat; I could have gone with a 4th, but why press my luck when it looks this good?  

outdoor, shady/overcast daylight

indoor, bright CF lighting

Rating:  a lovely 4 out of 5 stars, this color is right in my wheelhouse and certainly a keeper.  I've only been painting my nails about once weekly lately, and despite the jelly formula, this held up great for a full week.  It's both sheer enough and sparkly enough to work well as a topper, too, if you picked your base color to compliment the tint. 

Where to buy:  this was a one-and-done mystery batch, so stalk destashes to score one of these.

~Michelle

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball