CrowsToes Season of the Witch

Continuing all Halloween all month on my nails, my first stamped design was about as witchy as I could go, witches on witches!

CrowsToes Season of the Witch
indoor, bright CF lighting
CrowsToes Season of the Witch is an old fave of mine;  sometimes in the push to get through this mountain of untried polish, it's really nice to pick up something I loved a few years ago and see if it's still as amazing as I remember.  Spoiler alert - hell yes it is.

CrowsToes Season of the Witch
indoor, bright CF lighting
Season of the Witch is a smoky off-black jelly filled with duochromatic micro-flakies that shift from a deep emerald-jade when viewed directly to a plummy fuchsia at angles.  It's a touch streaky and patchy at the first coat, evens out very nicely on the second, and comes to the level of opacity you see here at 3 coats.

CrowsToes Season of the Witch
outdoor, bright sunlight
I've stamped here using Born Pretty silver stamping polish and BundleMonster's BM-S242 witch-themed plate from last year's Halloween collection.  I LOVE that high priestess design with her knowing look and skull headdress, and kinda wish I had nails long enough to get all her flowy hair - maybe something to try stamp shrinking with next go-round?

CrowsToes Season of the Witch
outdoor, shady/overcast daylight
The real witchcraft here is all about these micro-flakies, though.  **swoon**

CrowsToes Season of the Witch
outdoor, shady/overcast daylight
Rating:  oh indeed Season of the Witch remains a 5 out of 5 star polish for me.  I have other vampy greens, but those super shifty flakes in a deep smoke base are still utterly magical.  Bonus, though jelly-based things often wear very quickly on me, this one wore great, with only minimal and even edgewear after a week.  No, I never wear the same polish for a week, but I was sick as hell for the past few days, with no inclination to sit at my mani table, and this lovely color kept my nails from going all to hell during that time.  Witchcraft indeed.

Where to buy: direct from CrowsToes web store (typically open just on the weekends).

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball