Glow in the dark Vampire Bites

Today, we have what became my absolute fave design of this month's all Halloween all October on my nails!

glow in the dark Halloween vampire bats
indoor, CF lighting
One of the ladies in my Facebook stamping group posted a fantastic black & white Halloween mani with stylized graphic designs that I had to immediately put my own spin on.  I've used a base of 2 coats of Pretty Serious Absence, stamped with bat designs in MoYou London Galaxy and fanged vampire lips in Pretty Serious Santa's Sunburn using XXL-3, a huge stamping plate mostly full of sugar skulls.  The Rocky Horror vibe from the lips is adorable, and I was surprised to find so many different bats hidden all over this stamping plate

TOTAL DARKNESS
In between the white base and the graphic stamping, I've sandwiched a layer of green glow from a very, very old bottle of Wet N Wild glow in the dark polish.  Seriously, this stuff is from college in the 90s!  It needed a few drops of thinner to keep the texture flowing nicely and get rid of some minor stringiness, then it was good to go with no problems.  Glow in the dark polishes are generally reported to work best over light colors so the glow can be "reflected" back, and this was smashing over white while only subtly tinting the base color.  My thumb got 2 coats of glow, and you can see how that intensified the already quite strong effect.  I love how the design was discernible even in the dark!

glow in the dark Halloween vampire bats
oh yeah, check out that 90s goodness right here!
Keep being spooky!

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball