ILNP Ava

Since I was off to a conference this week, I kept my Halloween mani just a little more subtle, and based on a color that's just drop-dead gorgeous on its own.

ILNP Ava
indoor, bright CF lighing
ILNP released Ava as part of this year's Fall collection, and as soon as I opened the box it leapt to the top of the "must try ASAP" list.  It's a gorgeous purple jelly with a rather chameleon personality - the base itself is more violet, while the heavy copper shimmer warms things up to an overall plum shade.  It's also scattered with some holo flake, and ooooh look at that flash of contrasting rainbow around the bottom edge of the bottle!

ILNP Ava
indoor, bright CF lighting
Oh yes, that sweetness is showing just the suggestion of an rich emerald green flash.  Most all of my pics trying to catch the emeralds ended up unusably blurry, but it's there, peeking through the vines that surround this jack-o-lantern:

ILNP Ava
outdoor, bright afternoon light
I've stamped here using a Halloween pumpkin design from XXL-3, using the dead tree motif next to it to serve as coiling vines trailing off to my other nails.  This is stamped with Hit the Bottle Copper Haired Girl, which worked fantastically as a metallic orange, though it's really a true copper.

ILNP Ava
outdoor, bright afternoon light
Ok, let's go ahead and put it out there:  purple jelly base, holo spark, the emerald flash of Clarins 230?  Yeah, this might be the closest in one bottle I have to my hugest lemming, Cirque Coronation.  I'm not 100% convinced that this shimmer is "true" 230 - we know ILNP has the real stuff, but this isn't at all marketed as being a "UP polish" and the copper contrast shimmer in there masking the shifting effect makes it hard to nail down completely - but it's utterly gorgeous.  

Rating:  5 out of 5 stars for the stunning Ava.  I'm wearing 2 coats here, which covered nicely and didn't leave me any obvious VNL. but I'm convinced a 3rd would have deepened the base color to a cooler blue.  Not only is this color gorgeous, but this wore like iron - the sun shots you see here are after 6 days of wear!  It was so pretty I didn't switch out to my next holiday design until after I came home.

Where to buy:  direct from ILNP.

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Book Club Nails - The House in the Cerulean Sea