Fiesta nails!

My book club has been around for 15 years now (though I only joined in the last year or two), so one of the original members hosted our "literary quinceañera" this weekend, with margaritas & a taco bar.  I happen to have a vibrantly patterned shirt, with bright threads zig-zagging over cream all around the neckline, and figured I should do my nails to match.

Don Deeva Captain Yayo
indoor, bright CF lighting
I started with Don Deeva Captain Yayo, a sheer white crelly that is utterly loaded in iridescent gold microflake shimmer.  It's sheer and needed 2 and a half coats to get to the level of opacity you see here, but each coat went on evenly and dried very quickly, so no application problems at all.

Don Deeva Captain Yayo
indoor, bright CF lighting
I selected stamping polish colors based on the bright jewel tones from my shirt: Esmaltes da Kelly Wendy & Joanna, Emily de Molly green, all tied together with Born Pretty gold stamping polish.

super matchy-matchy!
For all the stacked arc designs, I used MoYou London Mandala plate 11, which includes designs shaped as 3 different portions of a circle.  All of the smallest half-circle designs are perfect for placement at the cuticle, then the more tightly curved 1/3 circle arcs sit just right in the center of the nail, with the broader and more flat arcs finishing off the nail edge.  The plate has these grouped with the smallest & largest together (the left half of the plate below), so if you only wanted to stamp in 2 colors these two parts could be stamped together, with the medium image (right half of the plate) layered in between.  I wanted both multiple colors per design, and also to control the spacing, so I've done each of the 3 parts separately.

MoYou London Mandala plate 11
indoor, CF lighting
Rating:  Captain Yayo is a lovely wearable white, softer and not so stark as trying to wear a plain white crelly or crème, that wore very well - 4 out of 5 stars.  I don't usually rate plates (whatever, I make my own rules here!), but I can say that I've never had an issue with pickup on a MYL plate - these are always consistently well-etched, sturdy, and painless to use.

Where to buy:  things come & go sometimes quickly from Don Deeva, so grab what you like when you see it.  Many stockists sell MoYou London plates if you don't want to buy direct, including Amazon.

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball