4th of July nails! Serum No 5 What a Blast + glowy stars

I just love themed nail art - whether that's for holidays, book club, prompts, or any excuse - because it really gets me out of my same-old same-old as far as colors and design go.  The 4th of July is certainly no exception, but with the messed up state of our country right now, I'm really not feeling super patriotic with red, white, and blue flags waving proudly on my fingertips.

Serum No 5 What a Blast
bright afternoon sunlight
What I am feeling, though, is a whole lot of love for people pulling together, a sense of community, and finding hope and love in each other.  For the 4th this year, I'm going with bright stars shining out of the dark.

Serum No 5 What a Blast
glow in the dark!
To crate this fun negative space effect with  my glowy stars, I started with a single coat of of Pretty Serious Presence as a base, then 2 layers of Serum No 5 What a Blast - the latter is a white crelly utterly jam packed with red and blue glitters in various sizes and holographic stars.  By itself, it can get kinda chunky, but the white base underneath provided opacity with a thinner, less textured glitter effect.  The glow in the dark is both brighter than my camera can capture and also super fun to wave around in your face when trying to go to sleep.

Serum No 5 What a Blast & Uber Chic 6-01
window-filtered daylight
The star image comes from UberChic 6-01, stamped with my trusty NanaCoco Love Black. 

Hope your holiday was fun, too!

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Book Club Nails - The House in the Cerulean Sea