Black Holo Brocade with Kaleidoscope by El Corazon Egyptian Scarabaeus

The next major item in my life gone hectic list was the annual big conference this week - since I'm known for my nails (ha!), but this is a grownup sort of gig, slightly flashy but tasteful was the plan.

black holo stamped with El Corazon Egyptian Scarabaeus
indoor, CF lighting
After my major love affair with Kaleidoscope/El Corazon (I think that El Corazon is the brand name, and Kaleidoscope is their line of stamping polishes, but I don't read Russian so it's all a guess) Mysterious Mars, I recently jumped at the chance to order all of their multichrome stamping polishes at a discount with a group buy.  A few of them are somewhat sheer and will look very different over different base colors, but the rest are just as opaque and shifty and universally usefully awesome as Mysterious Mars. 

Elevation Polish Saif al Jabbar stamped with El Corazon Egyptian Scarabaeus
outdoor, bright sunlight
Egyptian Scarabaeus is predominantly a slightly greenish-tinted gold head on - it's in the realm of OPI Just Spotted the Lizard/Chanel Peridot.  Like those duochromes, it shifts to minty green, then not quite blue at angles.

El Corazon Egyptian Scarabaeus
outdoor, shady indirect daylight
Egyptian Scarabaeus is perfectly opaque and easy to work with stamping polish - it doesn't dry crazy fast and it's not stinky - and the metallic foiled effect is utterly gorgeous.  To really make it pop, I've layered it over a black holo, but it's still plenty dramatic over pale colors as well.  Keeping things classy, I went with a vine and oak leaves design from Marianne Professional No 25.

El Corazon Egyptian Scarabaeus
indoor, bright CF lighting
Where to buy:  I love El Corazon stamping polishes, but they can be tricky to get a hold of, and the multichromes are frankly expensive at most stockists that do have them.  I bought my most recent haul direct from El Corazon, with a discount code that made things super affordable.  Shipping time took a good few weeks, not shocking for any package coming from Russia, but things were well packed and I had no mishaps.

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball