OPI Yoga-Ta Get This Blue...for my new car!

The life upheaval task that has occupied the most of my brain energy for the past couple of months is car shopping.  My old car has been a trusty steed for the past THIRTEEN YEARS and over 200,000 miles - I've driven every car I've owned until they are quite dead, so since this one had the good grace to give me plenty of warning, I've been able to really shop around.  There's a spreadsheet of important numbers, everything from money to mpg, including the test drive ratings on the well over a dozen things that actually made the cut for me to take for a spin.  Last week, I found what I really really wanted, and this past weekend I found one with very low mileage and a very good price, and well, obviously my nails need to match.

OPI Yoga-Ta Get This Blue
outdoor (obviously), overcast daylight
In a stroke of wonderful convenience, it turns out that a color already hanging out in my stash is a near-perfect match for the paint of a 2018 BMW - OPI's lovely pearlescent sapphire Yoga-Ta Get This Blue.

OPI Yoga-Ta Get This Blue
indoor, bright CF lighting
This is a one-coater, though I'm showing about one and a half here, and absolutely requires one to paint carefully - we all know that blues this saturated tend to stain cuticle skin like nobody's business, and Yoga is no exception.  Still, the color is lusciously saturated, and though it's classy vampy on its own, it's also a perfect base for basically anything I can think of - UP toppers, glitter gradients, winter scene nail art...

OPI Yoga-Ta Get This Blue
window-filtered morning daylight
I've stamped here using El Corazon white and a checkerboard design from BMXL-154 to match the checkered logo on my new nail photography studio background:

OPI Yoga-Ta Get This Blue
in the car, on the steering wheel, like one does
Rating:  4 out of 5 stars.  There's a reason OPI is the big name in the game, and it's because of dead sexy colors like this.

Where to buy:  anywhere that sells OPI, this one went straight from the 2008 India collection to being a core polish.  Try Amazon, Ulta, ebay, Sally's...

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball