Vacation nails! Red & gold dry marbling

One of the hectic things I've jammed into my schedule was a long weekend in LA that I've just come back from.  It was amazing, we saw Minke whales out on a harbor trip, had tons of great food, and soaked up the kitch of funky Venice Beach.  The beach getaway definitely called for a super bright and sunny look!

Color Club Kismet in a dry marble
indoor, CF lighting
I'm wearing a combo of Color Club's blindingly holographic Kismet and Julep's fiery red foil Karmen.  To create the design on my accent nails, I laid down one thick stripe of each color just barely touching onto my silicone mat, then zig-zagged quickly through both stripes using a small tip dotting tool.  Once the decals were dry enough to be peeled up, I painted a single thin coat of Kismet on my middle & ring fingers to stick the decals onto. 

Julep Karmen in a needle marble
indoor, bright CF lighting
The end result looked somewhere between blazing sunshine and a candy cane - if I switched to a silver holo or added some green, this would make a super easy holiday look.

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball