Bees & Honeycomb

When I was thinking out loud about what color I wanted to use for my next mani, the man came up with a very elaborate plan involving multiple colors to represent sky, grass, and plants, with a bee flying in between them.  "Bees!" I said, "I can work with that."

Bees & Honeycomb stamped manicure
outdoor, shade
I started with a base of the same sparkly white crelly that underlied my July 4th design, then added 2 layers of a very old TOMA thermal that's died in a soft honey-gold shade.  It's quite sheer at this point, with just a suggestion of shimmer, but was utterly perfect for this look.  Hot tip from a nail fiend with too much polish: dead thermals and stuff with crappy formulas work great for nail art experiments!

Bees & Honeycomb stamped manicure
outdoor, shade
Next, all nails got a honeycomb design from BM-422 in Hit The Bottle Espresso Martini.  My accent nails are the utterly perfect bee design from BM-S241, an Edgar Allen Poe themed Halloween Plate, stamped in black and filled in on the stamper, then placed on the nail after a thin layer of sticky base coat was added to help the dried reverse-stamped image to adhere.

Bees & Honeycomb stamped manicure
window-filtered bright sunlight
I utterly loved this look, wore it all week, and got tons of compliments. 💛💛💛

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball