Holiday Christmas Trees in green & gold

I'm hoping to make this work out like I did for Halloween, which is to say, crossing my fingers there's enough time for a few holiday looks before the 25th rolls around.

Holiday Christmas Tree mani
indoor, bright CF lighting
We had a holiday party at work this week, so I wanted to go with something definitively festive and not just winter-themed this this round.  I've started with 2 coats of Picture Polish Kryptonite, a lovely deep pine green somewhere between emerald and hunter.

Holiday Christmas Tree mani
outdoor, overcast daylight
To most of my nails, I've added this adorable repeating motif of evergreen trees from Powder Perfect's Woodland Creatures plate in basic white.  My accent nails are a slightly cartoony drawing of a Christmas tree from Curali 011, also in white, filled in using metallic gold, and then dotted with shimmery red to stand in for ornaments after placing it on the nail.

Stamping plate Curali 011
indoor, bright CF lighting
Curali is a new to me brand that I'd had my eye on for a while.  When I finally caved and bought the plate I'd had my eye on (the amazing Esoteric plate 055), I felt the need to make the international shipping worth it and threw in a couple others to come along.  Though I have plenty of Christmas-themed plates, this one came along for the gorgeous garland images and all the deer.  I initially thought most of these designs would be too large for my nails, but even though I shortened them down recently, that tree image fit just fine without any finagling.  I used this same plate's snowflake images for my last mani and had zero problems at any point - this is a well-etched, beautifully designed plate.

Holiday Christmas Tree mani
outdoor, overcast daylight
Unfortunately, the day after I did this look I got hit with a winter cold (UUUGH), and being sick & pathetic has put a halt on the nail stuff for now.  I think I have one more up my sleeve, though...

~Michelle

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball