Bee's Knees T-Virus

I'm finding inspiration in a lot of unusual places lately, instead of simply picking something on my own.  This time, from an ad, while trying to convince myself to not buy more stamping plates. 

Bee's Knees T-Virus
indoor, CF lighting
One of my fave plate makers sent me an email this week announcing some new releases.  The featured mani was a plain nude crème stamped in black and gold with a mix of graphic shapes.  I thought there were a few plates already here that would soothe that need, so I instead put together a variation on that look.

Bee's Knees T-Virus
outdoor, overcast daylight
I've started with a base of Bee's Knees T-Virus, a very sheer rosy pink jelly base that is absolutely filled to the brim with both very delicate translucent iridescent flakies and a boatload of metallic shimmer that shifts green to gold to pink. 

Bee's Knees T-Virus
indoor, CF lighting
The shimmer usually steals the show, making this sheer polish appear opaque in just 2 coats.  In soft, diffuse lighting that doesn't make the shimmer flash metallic gold, the flakies come out as well.

Bee's Knees T-Virus
outdoor, overcast daylight
On top of this shimmery start, I've layered graphic shapes from Maniology M053 and Nicole Diary 115 using first El Corazon Vinous, then Born Pretty silver for the accents. 

Bee's Knees T-Virus
indoor, bright CF lighting
T-Virus overall reminds me of a seashell - between the soft rosy pink, the cool greenish gold, and the iridescence of the flakes, it feels like nacre.

Bee's Knees T-Virus
outdoor, partly cloudy daylight
The design was exactly what I wanted as well, and these two plates have me totally covered on basic geometric shapes. 

Bee's Knees T-Virus
indoor, CF lighting
Rating:  3 out of 5 stars for T-Virus.  Pink is not my usual jam, but this one is lovely.  If you were feeling brave (and didn't do bold graphic nail art on top, obvi), this could work as a subversive office-friendly neutral.  The formula was easy to work with, the flakies distributed nicely and didn't stick up at all on the nail, and the shimmer just makes the whole thing.

Where to buy:  direct from Bee's Knees if she ends up restocking some of this batch of former mysteries, or catch it in a blog sale/destash.

~Michelle

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball